Thursday, March 15, 2012

Shout Out to My Clay Bead Sisters

Ok, I don't make beads.  I don't make ceramic or clay or glass or stone or metal anything on my own.  But gosh, I LOVE ceramic lately.  It is my 1st choice for pendants and beads lately.  Look at my shop - you'll see an influx of ceramic in my work about six or more months ago.  I still use other beads - mostly glass and stones, but sometimes some metal sneaks in.  But the majority of the pendants I use lately are ceramic.  I admit, I don't know the difference between ceramic or clay or porcelain, which I SHOULD because I'm sure there's LOTS and LOTS of chemistry involved in those differences.  In fact, I'm going to go look it up right now.  (Can anyone tell I'm in work avoidance mode?  I'm supposed to be grading finals and notebooks right now!)

But I digress.  Today's post is all about my bead sisters in clay.  Here's a link to the Beads of Clay Blog, which has a listing of all the wonderful members of that group.  There's also a link to the BOC Etsy shop. These lovely ladies MAKE lovely lovely works of art in clay, of some variety.  I'm tickled pink to say I know more than a handful of these ladies, through Facebook and/or purchases I've made with them.  I love all their work and I strongly encourage you all to check them out, if you haven't already.  You won't be disappointed!

Happy Beading!  I'm off to grade...

Beads of Clay Blog

Beads of Clay Etsy Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment