Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Living in Paradise

My husband and I often comment to each other about how lucky we are to live where we do.  We live on the Central Coast of California, about halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles, far from the maddening crowds.  The closest city of any renown to us is San Luis Obispo, likely known for California Polytechnic State University, where we're both fortunate to hold tenured professor positions in the same department, chemistry.  We live about 15 minutes from SLO in a little town called Los Osos.  This picture was taken near sunset on a particularly high tide in Baywood, the sweet little "town" on Estero Bay that is the "sister" of Los Osos. (Its basically all the same town, not sure why there's the distinction between the two, they literally run together).  This little bay is 5 minutes from our house, we love to walk around the little Farmer's Market near here on Mondays or walk our dog with the girls on the little beach here.  Its an amazing place to live, as close to paradise as I've ever been.  Those of you that know my jewelry can see, hopefully, where I get the natural inspiration for my designs.  I'm very very lucky to be here.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds heavenly Grace. I went to San Francisco about 10 years ago to visit friends and drove down as far as Monteray and Carmel I think. I only live about 7 miles from the south coast of the Englan but would love to be able to walk to the beach. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete