Saturday, March 10, 2012

Lovely Tulips-Heralds of Spring

I love tulips.  I love all spring flowers - daffodils, crocus, hyacinth, iris - but I think tulips are my favorite.  I don't know why.  I certainly didn't grow up around tulips so its not a memory from childhood.  (That would be lilacs - OH how I LOVE lilacs!) There's just something about them - the long graceful stem, the elegant symmetric flower, the rich, vibrant colors.  I don't actually grow tulips - haven't tried much here in Los Osos, don't garden much myself since my back surgeries.  My husband and daughter planted some bulbs years ago, and they never came up - guess they don't like the sandy soil?


I think I'll let the tulips speak for themselves now- they say it all so much better than I can. (These were tulips I bought recently, there were orange ones too but they died first)

No comments:

Post a Comment